The TCS 23 conference will be held at the Hyatt Regency Miami www.miamiregency.hyatt.com 400 SE Second Avenue, Miami, Florida 33131. The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Miami on the Miami River near the Harbor. The room rate is $129 single/double occupancy per night plus tax. This rate will be available up to May 11, 2012, based on hotel availability.
Reservations can be made by phone or online.
To make your hotel reservation by phone, call the Hyatt Reservations: 888.421.1442. Mention that you will be attending The Coastal Society Conference to receive the group rate.
To make your reservation online, go to the TCS Group Web Page at: https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_gi_new&groupID=5870131
Use the group code: The Coastal Society Conference
There is a limited number of government rate rooms available. To qualify for this government rate, you must be a Federal government employee and have a valid ID to show upon check-in. If you qualify, you must call the reservation number and ask for the government rate room. Then at check-in, you would need to show your ID In order to check-in.
A reservation confirmation will be sent to you.
There is a fee for parking at the hotel. Please check with the
hotel for current rates.
The closest airport is Miami International Airport (MIA). The
following transportation alternatives to the Hyatt are available.
- From Miami Airport to Hyatt - American Shuttle
305-871-1000 - rate $16.00 per person
- From Fort Lauderdale Airport to Hyatt - GO Shuttle
954-561-8888- Rate $21.00 per person.
- Taxi is also available. From Miami airport to the Hyatt
costs approximately $25 and from Fort Lauderdale
Airport to the Hyatt costs approximately $80.
- The Miami Metrorail can take you from the Airport to downtown, from there the automated Downtown Miami Metromover can take you to the Hyatt Regency at the Knight Center Stop. The Metrorail cost $2 per trip, the DMM is free. More Miami transit information here.
* The shuttle services are available at the airport outside the
luggage pick up area 24/7 and a reservation is not needed at
the arrival area.
* If you would like to use this service to go back to the Airport,
a reservation will be required one day before the flight.
Early Departure Penalty
Individuals departing earlier than scheduled may incur an
early departure charge.