To follow the spirit of conference theme and to demonstrate how TCS is adapting to the future by conserving and protecting resources today, the Planning Committee is implementing many of the same Green Initiatives as before with an additional focus on supporting local businesses, organizations and initiatives:
- Maintaining a conference website to reduce distribution of printed materials;
- Utilizing a shared-access online abstract and paper submission;
- Relying on email and phone communications for planning activities and reference documents;
- Using an eco-font that utilizes 20% less ink when printed on most correspondence;
- Selecting lodging facilities that demonstrate environmentally sensitive practices;
- Providing earth friendly and useful conference items, and minimizing handouts and disposables, and encouraging reuse and recycling of materials;
- Using a small portion of each registration fee to purchase investments in renewable energy to offset the carbon dioxide emissions from conference travel.